Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Pulse Racing Thriller?

The life of an author may not be a pulse racing thriller but it is never dull, or at least at times there are small successes that make you feel like you are on top of the world. Last week, I received an offer for contract on a third book, pretty amazing, at least I thought so. It is a good feeling to know that being published is going to happen before you start on a project. Writing on speculation takes a lot of courage, and luck! I have a friend who says that "To be a writer, you have to be an absolute optimist, with very thick skin." I think I know what she means.

We are still tracking on the production process for Burnt Yellow and Red, my second novel which will be released in the spring of 2012. What is that you say? You have not ordered your signed and numbered prerelease copy yet? Well, there is time, but you had better hurry and get a low sequence number quick. I’ll reserve it for you! Just order it now!

The Night Eagles Soared is still doing well. I’ve had six book signings in the last four weeks and I've been working on learning the art of screen writing. It isn't easy...but not impossible and that is my focus over the next two weeks. Well, that and my birthday is coming up! Half way to 100 and still going strong!

Thanks everybody!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment