Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hope and Trust?

Over the past year, this line of scripture has appeared to me on several occasions. Seems like everywhere I look, I see it written on a bill board, a piece of paper, you name it. Last night I turned my computer on and there it was, on a word document that my wife had created so she could write a post for her Facebook profile.

Isaiah 40:31 - but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I asked her about it and she said it was about hope; which without, there is no possibility of happiness. I was floored; mostly because she is right, but also because the words didn’t slide off her tongue as if she was actually the person speaking. I don’t know, the order of the words weren’t quite the way she normally speaks or something. I haven’t said anything to her, not sure if I should, still.

Hope, what does it mean? According to my dictionary hope is based on trust and reliance in an archaic sense. Does that mean that those who trust and rely with confidence in the Lord will renew their strength? I imagine it does.

Sort of reminds me of the prayer Mike would say each time he jumped. “Father, give me the courage and strength I need to do that which I must.” Perhaps I should amend that prayer for me and say, “Father, I pray for patience and understanding when it comes to the realization of success knowing full well that your definition and mine are not necessarily the same. Please give me the ability to recognize your definition of success in my life.” Amen….P.S. thanks for answering that other prayer...by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment