Tuesday, February 22, 2011

20 February 2011

Over the weekend, I learned probably one of the biggest lessons of my life as a writer and about the assumptions I’ve made reference the audience that I had thought would be most interested in reading “The Night Eagles Soared!” I was proven wrong in that had I assumed my readers would be mostly younger people of military age, young men and women who are considering the possibility of joining the military. Not to mention, my fellow military brothers and sisters and their families.

On Sunday, I had the distinct opportunity of meeting with the Magnolia Queens Book Club in Charleston South Carolina and the demographic of the club was 100% women of my own age, all of whom where highly educated, very, very smart! I must admit that it felt good to be the center of attention of seven very good looking ladies! :) Before anybody gets the wrong idea, one of them was my wife, Brig!

Probably one of the most important lessons I learned over the weekend is that there isn’t any one group, political, ethical, you name it, that has a monopoly on patriotism! As true Americans, we all share something in common. That is a pride in our country, pride in our freedoms and pride in our military!

I went there to give a presentation and walked away learning more from those super ladies than I had could have ever imagined! Therefore, please allow me to take this opportunity to say thank you to the Magnolia Queens Book Club for giving me the opportunity to meet with you!

Thank you all for your support of my writing, and for sharing your time with me! The experience of having met you all has made me a better, more open minded person and for that I appreciate you and your club very much!

God bless you all!

S. B. (Steve) Newman, Author
The Night Eagles Soared

No comments:

Post a Comment